What I Believe!
I hold to traditional, Biblical, Baptist beliefs. In our drifting society, I believe that time-tested truths, preached with relevance and compassion, offer that anchor of peace and steadfastness people are seeking.
- 1. I believe the whole Bible, from Genesis to Revelation, is the verbally inspired Word of God.
II Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
- 2. I believe Jesus Christ was born of Mary the virgin, and is the very Son of God.
Matthew 1:23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.
- 3. I believe that Christ died for our sins.
I Corinthians 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
- 4. I believe that He arose from the grave the third day.
I Corinthians 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
- 5. I believe that He alone is the mediator and intercessor between God and man.
I Timothy 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
Hebrews 7:25 Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.
- 6. I believe that in order to be
savedthe soul must be born again.
John 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
- 7. I believe that every born again soul should declare his/her faith through baptism by immersion in water.
4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:
- 8. I believe that Christ keeps those who are born again eternally secure.
II Timothy 1:12 For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.
John 10:28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
- 9. I believe that Christians are called to separation from worldly, sinful practices, unto a life of usefulness for Christ.
II Corinthians 6:17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,
- 10. I believe a church is a body of baptized believers whose mission is to preach and teach the gospel of salvation.
18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.